Why invest in HOPE?
For 33 years, HOPE has brought together diverse congregations of different faiths, race and ethnicity, and economic backgrounds to work side by side in improving our community. Annually, we gather over 1,200 people at our Nehemiah Action to hold local officials accountable for long-term changes to tackle serious problems plaguing thousands of families in our community.
HOPE makes Hillsborough County a better place to live, work, and do business. An investment in HOPE is an investment in our community.
- Got County Commissioners to establish a $10 million “HOPE Fund” to provide affordable housing.
- Got Tampa Police Department to to train all 1,000 officers in Crisis Intervention Training to keep people with mental illness out jail.
- Got county to start development on a Recovery-Through-Work program for people with severe mental illness
- Got criminal justice stakeholders to expand the Juvenile Civil Citation policy, preventing life-long arrest records of 800 children in our county each year.
- Got county to put $3 million for in-home services for seniors, serving an additional 1,700 seniors the first year.
Individuals investing $50 or more and all corporate investors are recognized in our October Convention program and are publicly thanked if in attendance.
HOPE is on Amazon Smile!
When you shop on Amazon, you can donate .5% of your purchases to HOPE.
Go to smile.amazon.com and search for Hillsborough Organization for Progress and Equality or Click here for HOPE’s unique link
HOPE is also on Give with Bing
Invest in HOPE by using Microsoft’s Give with Bing as you browse the internet!
HOPE is funded in three ways:
Individuals and Business Investments
Individuals and local businesses are invited to invest in our work.
Membership Dues from Congregations
Member congregations invest in HOPE.
HOPE receives non-governmental grants.